Dairyland Insurance offers traditional and non-standard automobile and motorcycle insurance to drivers across the United States. Non-standard insurance is typically extended to high-risk drivers or those who are hard to insure or to people who drive someone else’s car on a regular basis.
The company has been operating since 1953, though they were purchased by Sentry Insurance Group in 1966. Despite the acquisition, Dairyland Insurance continued to provide the same quality coverage, solidifying their position as a market leader.
This article is among the many Dairyland auto insurance reviews that provide consumers with reliable information in hopes to help them decide whether or not this company can help them or not.
What Does Dairyland Insurance Offer?
Dairyland Insurance specializes in offering auto and motorcycle insurance. Auto insurance policies offer a variety of coverage options, including:
- Liability Coverage. This feature kicks in if you are at fault for an accident and have caused injury or damage to another person or property.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage. Getting into an accident with an uninsured motorist can be very stressful. Dairyland Insurance offers drivers coverage in events like this. These policies also extend to situations where you are uncertain who the other driver is, such as a hit and run. In some states, this plan extends to property as well as your vehicle.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage. If the other driver is at fault but does not have enough insurance to meet your needs, underinsured motorist coverage steps in and covers those costs.
- Personal Injury Protection. Any necessary medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident by drivers or passengers, regardless of who is at fault, are covered under this feature. Additional coverage may be applicable for lost wages or even funeral expenses depending on the state.
- Medical Payments. Coverage is also available to pay for any medical expenses following an accident. As with personal injury protection, coverage applies no matter who is at fault.
- Physical Damage. Collision damage covers any costs associated with fixing your car after a collision with another vehicle regardless of who is at fault. Comprehensive physical damage coverage applies in cases of fire, theft, weather, and vandalism.
- Towing. If your car breaks down and you need a tow, this coverage kicks in.
- Rental Reimbursement. Dairyland Insurance policyholders can also seek reimbursement for the cost of a rental vehicle while their car is being repaired.
Dairyland Insurance also offers two unique types of protection:
- Lienholder. This policy extension covers any special features or touches that you have added to your car if they become destroyed or damaged in an accident. This includes things like rims, upholstery, and other special touches.
- Special Equipment Coverage. Things like upgraded stereo equipment or the installation of video screens for passengers are often the first things to get damaged in accidents or theft attempts. With some restrictions, Dairyland Insurance covers the costs of repairs or replacements of these items.
There is a huge push within Dairyland to provide customers with the best possible service, and the company has been incredibly successful thus far. According to Dairyland auto insurance reviews, the user-friendly website makes finding information out about policies and plans easy, even if you do not know much about technology or insurance. There is even a quote tool right on the website, helping you determine which plans are best.
Additionally, bi-lingual customer support means that a wider range of users can access help when needed. When you have to file a claim, trying to translate it into a second language only adds stress. Talking with someone in your native tongue, or a language you are more comfortable with using, makes the entire process much easier.
Customers can quickly and easily file claims online or by phone at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An added benefit is that claimants can use any repair shop they want, making it easy to bring your car to a place you trust.
Extra discounts are offered to drivers who opt for a repair shop that is in the Dairyland Insurance network, according to Dairyland auto insurance reviews.
Customers do not need to have any fears about company stability. Dairyland Insurance’s parent company has an A+ financial stability rating. This means that Dairyland Insurance clients are going to be looked after for years to come.
Value for Price
Despite catering to a high-risk market, Dairyland Insurance policies are considered to deliver great value for the price. In addition to affordable plans, there are also discounts that you can apply for.
This includes accepting an advance quote, insuring multiple cars at once, and making larger lump sum payments (as opposed to paying on a monthly basis). Discounts for having anti-theft devices, taking defensive driving courses, and transferring to Dairyland Insurance after having a policy elsewhere are also available.
Who Is this Best for?
Dairyland Insurance policies are perfect for high-risk drivers who have had problems finding insurance coverage elsewhere. This includes drivers who may have DUIs, several collisions, or multiple driving violations on their record.
SR-22 insurance can also be obtained by taxi drivers or those who drive vehicles owned by other individuals on a regular basis. It offers these high-risk drivers access to comprehensive plans without steep cost or significant delay.
What to Look Out for?
Not all policies and features are offered in every state. Thus, it is a good idea to get in touch with a Dairyland Insurance representative early on in the process to be sure that they have everything you need.
Drivers who need SR-22 or FR-44 certificates should also reach out early on, as there are some restrictions on other types of coverage that those individuals can get depending on their home state. Dairyland does claim to be able to issue SR-22 certificates on the same day as a successful DUI appeal, but, again, details about timing vary depending on where you live.
With its focus on high-risk drivers, Dairyland Insurance is perfect for those who need a second chance at a clean driving record. The company acknowledges that those who have at-fault or DUI convictions may still need access to a vehicle on a regular basis, whether it be for work or to ensure that you and your family can get around. This type of high-risk insurance does not come with prohibitively high fees either, making it an affordable way to obtain insurance.