With the right insurance coverage, you’ll never have to worry about paying for problems out of your pocket. In addition, a professional provider will guide you through every step of the claims filing process to make the experience less stressful.
Among the many choices that you have is getting a policy from Farm Bureau Auto Insurance. Compared to other insurance providers, Farm Bureau Auto Insurance reviews are quite positive as they have numerous discounts and policy options.
About Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
Developed in 1939 under the original name of Iowa Farm Bureau, this insurance company started by offering liability insurance to farmers exclusively in Iowa. Today, known as Farm Bureau Financial, there are many different policies for you to choose from, ranging from life insurance to auto insurance.
When compared to other insurance providers, Farm Bureau has plenty of interesting discounts and advantages you aren’t likely to find from smaller companies. Although they don’t offer nationwide coverage, they do have policyholders in 14 states, including:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
With all of the different add-ons that you can put on your policy, you’ll easily be covered in numerous situations, whether your car is damaged from vandalism or accidents where you’re not at fault.
Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Coverage Options
The most interesting aspect of Farm Bureau Auto Insurance is that they have numerous coverage options for you to consider. This includes the state requirements for drivers in the 14 states they service as well as a couple of add-ons.
When you sign up for a policy, you’ll be able to choose from the following coverage options:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Underinsured motorist
- Uninsured motorist
The most appealing add-ons from the provider include:
If your vehicle is totaled, you will be able to have your car replaced if it is up to four years old—or five years old, depending on where you live.
Roadside assistance is frequently seen as a necessity rather than a luxurious add-on. If your vehicle breaks down, has a flat tire, or is presenting issues while you’re on a trip, with roadside assistance, a professional mechanic will be dispatched to your location to repair or tow your vehicle as needed.
Are you the owner of a boat or other types of water vehicles? With recreational vehicle insurance, you can obtain coverage types such as medical, property damage liability, collision, bodily injury liability, and more.
Farm Vehicle Insurance
For farm owners, you’ll be able to get the same coverage for these specialty vehicles as you would for your main car. This is particularly beneficial as most other insurance companies won’t give you as many coverage options for specialty vehicles.
Benefits of Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Policies
Apart from the numerous types of coverage you can add to your policy, Farm Bureau Auto Insurance has an assortment of benefits to take into advisement. If you’re looking for a personable insurance company that will have you completely covered, they’re one of the best insurance providers on the market.
The most notable benefits of Farm Bureau Auto Insurance include:
By far, most policyholders find that their available discounts are something to write home about. A few examples of their most popular discounts are:
- Continued Credit: By staying loyal to Farm Bureau and continually renewing your policy, you’ll be able to save on the total cost of your annual premiums. This discount applies to any vehicle you have insured with their company, including motorcycles, recreational vehicles, and farm vehicles.
- Good Student: Drivers who are students and maintain a “B” average or higher will be able to receive discounts of varying amounts.
- Safe Driver: Similar to most insurance companies, drivers who can maintain a clean driving record will receive discounts.
- Low Mileage: If you’re someone who doesn’t use their car too frequently, you’ll appreciate the savings you’ll receive on your premiums. To qualify, you’ll have to drive under 7,500 miles each year.
- Safe Young Driver: As an added benefit for drivers under 25, you can complete the Young Driver Safety program to receive a discount on your policy.
- Memberships: With a membership from Farm Bureau, you’ll be able to take advantage of plenty of related offers. These offers include 20% off hotel stays with certain chains, discounts from rental car agencies, theme park visit discounts, and up to $2,500 off of farm equipment. Additionally, with the Farm Bureau Prescription Discount, you can get up to 75% off of prescription medication from 68,000 pharmacies.
- Driveology: With the use of a small device plugged into your vehicle, you will be able to track your carbon footprint, fuel consumption, mileage and travel times, bad driving habits, and vehicle maintenance needs. By opting into the Driveology program, you can save up to 30% off your premiums.
If you’re someone who prefers to manage their policy online, you’ll be glad to know there are a few ways for you to control and manage your policy without needing to talk to an associate.
First, you can use the company’s website to access your account, file claims, and contact an associate. They also have a mobile app that you can download to your smartphone, which will include your membership card, proof of insurance, and available discounts for entertainment in your area.
Knowledgeable Insurance Agents
Compared to most other insurance companies, Farm Bureau Auto Insurance outperforms in terms of helpful and compassionate insurance agents. In an accident, they give you the ability to relieve a lot of stress as they handle all of the most difficult aspects of the accident for you.
In addition, their insurance agents are very open to answering any questions you may have about your current or prospective policy.
Cons of Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Policies
By now, you’re likely to consider this insurance company simply because of their numerous discounts. However, there are disadvantages to consider as well, such as:
Spotty Customer Assistance
You’ll likely be able to get in contact with a knowledgeable and helpful customer service agent. However, getting in touch with the right department is a little difficult with this provider.
Many policyholders have suggested they have received the runaround when trying to access their claims department or to get in touch with their specific insurance agent.
Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Reviews: Final Thoughts
Overall, you can see why Farm Bureau Auto Insurance reviews are more positive than most other insurance companies. With multiple discounts to make your policy more affordable, combined with their helpful insurance agents, all of your needs will be met with this provider.