You’ll find Kemper Auto Insurance reviews are mostly mixed. Some appreciate the number of inexpensive policies they have to offer whereas others find their luxury car policies are far too expensive. There also seems to be a general consensus that their customer service isn’t as stellar as other providers.
About Kemper Auto Insurance
Kemper Auto Insurance is a provider that will prove to be the most useful for drivers who appreciate a streamlined online process for filing claims and managing their account. Compared to other providers, they also have competitive rates that you should take under advisement with numerous opportunities for discounts. If you’re someone who loves the idea of having an affordable policy with numerous features, their packages are interesting.
Many insurance providers serve 10 or fewer states, but Kemper serves customers in 26 states ranging from Arizona to Wisconsin. They’re frequently considered to be a less expensive alternative to the bigger brands, which makes them a very popular option for drivers.
There are multiple types of coverage you can choose from, most of which are already offered by standard insurance providers. What makes Kemper unique is that they also have three additional packages.
The basic types of coverage include:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Helps to cover costs if you’re legally responsible for causing injury or death from an auto accident.
- Property Damage Liability: Deals with costs associated with causing property damage from an auto accident where you are at fault.
- Under and Uninsured Motorist: Pays for injuries or death dealt with you or your passengers when another driver is under or uninsured.
- First-Party Benefits: This covers additional expenses such as medical bills, accidental death, or lost wages from an auto accident, no matter who is at fault.
- Collision: If you’re at-fault for causing damages to your vehicle, collision is a good type of coverage to have. It’s also likely legally required by your state.
- Comprehensive: Developed to help cover damage to your vehicle from instances out of your control, comprehensive is typically optional. However, if you are financing or leasing a vehicle, it could be mandatory. Comprehensive covers damage from theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters.
The three unique packages offered by Kemper include:
- Protect Your Wallet Package
- Accident Forgiveness: If you are in an accident but have maintained a clean driving record, your premiums will be protected from increases, even if you are found to be at fault.
- Renewal Assurance: With this benefit, you should always be able to renew your policy, unless you’ve caused major incidents.
2. Protect Your Sanity Package
- Roadside Assistance: You’ll wish you had roadside assistance if your car breaks down, if you have a flat tire, or if you run out of gas. A trained professional will be dispatched to your location to assist with any vehicle-related issues.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: If you have to rent a car because yours is being repaired from an accident, you will be reimbursed the rental amount of up to $30 per day and a maximum of $600.
- Trip Interruption: For trips over 100 miles away, you’ll receive up to $600 in compensation if you are in an accident or experience a mechanical problem.
3. Protect Your Family Package
- Enhanced Car Seat Replacement: When in a covered accident, all of your car seats will be replaced regardless of the damage. You also won’t have to worry about a deductible.
- Pet Protection: Drivers can receive up to $2000 in compensation for medical expenses if your pet is injured in a covered accident.
- Dependent Protection: If you’re in a covered accident and you cannot care for your child, this coverage provides up to $1000 in daycare costs. In the event of a fatality, your dependents will receive $10,000.
Benefits of Kemper Auto Insurance Policies
Aside from the benefit of having numerous types of coverage to choose from, there are additional advantages to opting for Kemper Auto Insurance, including:
1. Plenty of Discounts
There are numerous discounts you may be eligible for once you sign up for a policy. If you’re looking for a more affordable premium, you’ll want to consider the following discounts:
- Multi-Policy: Save a percentage when you purchase insurance for your home and vehicle.
- Network: Get 10% off when you refer a friend to purchase a Kemper policy.
- Free-a-Tree: When you go paperless, you’ll save a certain amount.
- Married: Discounts are available for married drivers.
- Retro Loyalty: If you switch to Kemper from another provider, you’ll receive a discount calculated on the length of time you were loyal to the previous insurance company.
- Safe and Sound: This discount applies to policies with at least two drivers who are over 18 years of age and have three or more years of accident-free driving.
- Airbag: If your vehicle has installed airbags, you’ll receive a discount.
- Anti-Theft: Vehicles with anti-theft features will receive discounts.
- Mature Driver: If you’re over 55 and complete a state-approved driving course, you can receive a discount.
2. Competitive Rates
If you’re considering switching from your previous insurance company, Kemper is a great option to consider. This is mostly because they have benefits for individuals who switch from their regular provider. Additionally, first-time drivers will find affordable and agreeable rates.
3. Streamlined Online Processes
Handling everything pertaining to your insurance online is very simple with this provider. Getting a quote takes a matter of minutes and you will also be able to manage your policy through your online account.
Cons of Kemper Auto Insurance Policies
There aren’t very many disadvantages to signing with Kemper, especially if you’re a driver with a clean record. You’ll want to pay close attention to the following:
1. Vehicle Eligibility
Customers have noted the insurance premiums for more expensive vehicles, such as Porsche and Audi models, are far more expensive than with other providers. In addition, there are a few vehicles that are ineligible for insurance, such as Maserati and Ferrari models.
2. Poor Customer Service
If you find you need to contact a representative over the phone, it’s very likely you won’t have a pleasant experience. Many customers have noted Kemper’s agents are unhelpful in their time of need or rude if you ask too many questions. However, if you can manage your account online, you may not need to contact an associate.
Kemper Auto Insurance Reviews: Final Thoughts
The most prevalent thing with Kemper Auto Insurance reviews is that customers love the number of optional packages and basic coverage they have. Compared to other traditional providers, you’ll be able to create a more thorough policy for an affordable cost.