According to CURE Auto Insurance reviews, this provider targets the numerous drivers on the roads with poor credit or less-than-perfect driving history. You may be lucky enough to be kept on with your original insurance company, or you may be looking for an alternate solution. CURE Insurance is a specialty provider that focuses on giving insurance to those who might be avoided by others without discrimination.
About CURE Auto Insurance
CURE (Citizens United Reciprocal Exchange) was founded in 1990 by Dr. Lena Chang, an insurance expert, and James J. Sheeran, a New Jersey Insurance Commissioner. The firm was originally developed to assist drivers who are avoiding some of the highest insurance premiums in the USA. Today, it’s one of the better insurance providers to consider if you can’t sign with some of the bigger brands.
Instead of taking a variety of factors, such as income, credit history, and education, into account, CURE focuses on your driving history. It’s very likely no other criteria will be considered when they are determining your premiums and whether you will be accepted as a policyholder or not. This gives you the peace of mind you need in order to access competitive insurance rates.
At first, you might assume that as CURE is an insurance company that works primarily with high-risk drivers, they have fewer coverage options. When in fact, they have similar coverage types when compared to the bigger insurance firms. The most popular coverage options include:
- Personal Injury Protection: This type of coverage ensures that your medical bills are covered in an accident, no matter who is at fault. The PIP from CURE also includes reimbursement for lost wages.
- Liability: If you’re declared at-fault in an accident, liability assists with paying the other party for incurred damages. Within this, you’ll receive bodily injury and property damage coverage. This assists with covering costs pertaining to pain, suffering, or anyone who dies from an accident where you are at fault.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist: For accidents where the other party is underinsured or uninsured, this type of coverage pays for property and bodily damage.
- Collision: Drivers in a single-vehicle accident with an object or if you collide with another car will want collision coverage. It pays for any damages to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive: Meant for situations that are out of your control, such as animals, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters, comprehensive protects your vehicle.
Benefits of CURE Auto Insurance Policies
When you begin to look at customer reviews for CURE Auto Insurance, you’ll notice they are most impressed with the quality of their policies and their cost. It’s very likely you’ll find some of the most competitive rates from this company, especially as they are a not-for-profit insurance provider. Some rates start at $19 monthly.
The most notable benefits of this provider include:
1. Roadside Assistance
Every plan with CURE is eligible for roadside assistance which is available 24/7. The services that roadside assistance provides are as follows:
- Fuel delivery (up to three gallons)
- Battery jumpstart
- Locksmith services
- Tire change
2. Helpful Discounts
There are plenty of ways that CURE can help to put money back into your pocket, especially if you are able to maintain a clean driving record. Just like most other insurance providers, the three most important discounts are:
- Good Driver: By maintaining a clean driving record for three or more years, you can save up to 35% off of your coverage.
- Multi-Vehicle: If you add more than one vehicle to your policy, you could be eligible for better discounts on your collision coverage.
- Parking: If you frequently park your vehicle in off-street lots, you can save up to 15% off of your coverage. Additionally, individuals who park in a fully monitored facility can save up to 50% off of coverage.
3. Flexible Payments
The whole premise behind CURE Auto Insurance is that they create a customized plan based on your needs. This is particularly important for people on a budget, as you can take advantage of flexible payments. There are numerous payment plans to choose from, including paying all six months up front or paying monthly.
When it comes to processing payments, you can choose to do so either online, by mail, or by phone. They accept credit cards and debit accounts when you pay by phone.
4. Inexpensive Rates
On average, policyholders will have the ability to save up to 29% more with CURE than they would with alternate insurance companies in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. You can easily get the coverage you need as well as a couple of extra add-ons for an affordable price.
Cons of CURE Auto Insurance Policies
Even if you think you’ve found the perfect insurance company, it’s highly recommended you consider any disadvantages you might face. For many drivers, the negative side of an insurance company may not rear its head until you’ve already signed up for a policy. A couple of the most talked about disadvantages of CURE include:
1. Poor Availability
For a company that offers such an extensive list of discounts and customizable policies, you would hope they would service multiple states. However, CURE Auto Insurance only underwrites in New Jersey and Pennsylvania with no plans to expand their horizons in the future. If you live outside of these two states, you will need to consider signing up for an alternate policy.
2. Slightly Complicated Claims Process
When it comes to processing claims, you’ll notice there are mixed reviews amongst current policyholders. Some suggest the claims process is simple, whereas others found it to be quite difficult.
It is important to note that the claims process may be slightly more difficult online than you had thought. It may be recommended that you consider calling an insurance agent to process a claim, rather than attempting to do so through their online portal.
CURE Auto Insurance Reviews: Final Thoughts
Overall, CURE Auto Insurance reviews seem to be mostly positive, which is incredibly rare for firms that work with nonstandard drivers. With a highly rated customer service team and plenty of policy options to choose from, you can easily have customized insurance. Although their claims processing may be a little more difficult than anticipated, it’s accessible either online or via phone.
In addition, you can reap the benefits of their roadside assistance, which begins immediately and will continue to serve you until your policy is terminated.